IGI Global (IGI, formerly Idea Group Publishing) is an international academic publishing company that specializes in research publications covering the fields of computer science and information technology management. It was established in 1988 and uses social media.
The company is located in Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States. It publishes books, encyclopedias, journals,c and teaching material. It organizes and sponsors the Information Resources Management Association (IRMA) International Conferences. The research from the conference is published in proceedings. It also supports an academic librarian scholarship.
IGI Global publishes over 180 academic journals. WorldCat lists over 100,000 publications related to IGI Global. The ACM Digital Library includes over 16,000 entries published by IGI Global. IGI Global book titles are indexed in the ACM Digital Library, the DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, the Education Resources Information Center (ERIC), and the Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index. IGI Global journals are listed by Cabell's Directories, Compendex, Inspec, PsycINFO, Scopus, and Thomson Reuters.
The company has agreements with educational organizations such as Eduserv in the United Kingdom and is recognized by organizations such is the Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL) representing university libraries across Australia. Academic self-archiving of publications is not formally supported by the company. IGI Global offers e-books through GOBI (Global Online Bibliographic Information). It has a partnership with the Saudi Digital Library. The company uses the Typefi platform for its publishing.
- ↑ Idea Group Publishing. Interaction Design Foundation. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- ↑ Publisher Profile: IGI Global. Against the Grain (2012). DOI:10.7771/2380-176X.6144.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 IGI Global. WorldWide Information Services. Retrieved on 3 September 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 IGI Global. EBSCO. Retrieved on 28 August 2016.
- ↑ IGI Global. WiLS (2016). Retrieved on 3 September 2016.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 About IGI Global. IGI Global. Retrieved on 31 August 2016.
- ↑ Hai-Jew, Shalin (2015). Profiling an Entity across Multiple Social Media Platforms. Colleague 2 Colleague.
- ↑ Hindsl (20 August 2015). IGI Global Announces 2015 Academic Librarian Scholarship. Charleston Conference. Retrieved on 28 August 2016.
- ↑ IGI Global Journals. IGI Global. Retrieved on 31 August 2016.
- ↑ Search results for '"IGI Global"'. WorldCat. Retrieved on 31 August 2016.
- ↑ Searched for acmdlPublisherName:(IGI Global). ACM Digital Library. ACM. Retrieved on 31 August 2016.
- ↑ IGI Global. DBLP Computer Science Bibliography. Retrieved on 3 September 2016.
- ↑ IGI Global Databases. INDEST-AICTE Workshop on E-Resources. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (2010). Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- ↑ IGI Global eBooks. Eduserv. Retrieved on 3 September 2016.
- ↑ IGI Global. Council of Australian University Librarians. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- ↑ Publisher: IGI Global. SHERPA. University of Nottingham (2016). Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- ↑ IGI Global Now Offering Direct eBook Fulfillment through GOBI. YBP. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- ↑ Saudi Digital Library and IGI Global Renewed Partnership. Naseej. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- ↑ Customer Case Study: IGI Global. Typefi. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- IGI Global website
- IGI Global on Facebook
- IGI Global on LinkedIn
- IGI Global on Twitter
- IGI Global on YouTube
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled GNU Free Documentation License.