Group agenda Edit
- materials + techniques (AAT↑)
- "non-traditional" sources
- grey literature
- personal observation
- traditional knowledge
- E-volunteer programs
- Multilanguage issues
- Context from Wikipedia for museums
- local wikis
- local visibility
- writing about "small" topics
- local culture on the web
- other wikis/collaborative projects
- linking can be a helpful seed for creation of content
- interlinking projects/methods ...
- how to get attention to local/small projects?
- Meeting up with local Wikipedians
- how to do it
- having a consistant point of contact?
- topical vs. geographic
- techniques: fostering local meetups, geo-IP notices
- How to get a presenter (Wikimedian)?
- How to form and keep up long-term collaboration communities (even with changing individual perticipants) / incentives
Wikipedia Saves Public Art (WSPA) Edit
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Wikipedia Saves Public Art↑
- Blog post by Jenny & Richard about the project, http://www.imamuseum.org/blog/2010/04/09/the-bird-flies-in-denver/ on IMA Blog
- Article on conference.archimuse.com
- motivation to participate
- how to get volunteers/contributors/institutions to contribute?
- university classes contributions
Wikipedian in residence Edit
- Wikipedian in residence
- British Museum Wikipedian in Residence↑
- British Museum project page↑
- Second Wikipedian in Residence (Wikipedia Signpost 2010-11-08)↑
- wikimedia:outreach:Wikipedian in Residence
- Wikipedian in Residence (Ausschreibung) (Blog Wikimedia Deutschland)
- Lori Phillips: To Wiki or not to Wiki. In: Reprogram: Communication, Branding and Culture in a New Era of Museums. Edition 1.1.2, May 2012, pp. 168-175.
The Wikipedia Lists of 100 Project Edit
Offer to the #mw2010 participants Edit
Featured pictures of Commons and the English Wikipedia
- WP:GLAM↑: future discussion
- WP:MUSEUM↑: Wikipedia Museums Project
- WP:ORG↑: notablity of organizations on Wikipedia
- WP:N↑: general Wikipedia notability guidelines
- Commons: WikiProject Museum
- Using watchlists↑ to see "where the compost↑ (Italian: Compost↑) has been stirred recently"
- Search for "Musuem" spelling mistake and correct these articles
Grey literature and notability Edit
- categories of Gray literature↑
- wall labels - include a lot of research
- teaching materials
- lots of content, no way for museums to publish it (and no will)
- museums have to prioritize what they digitize/categorize
- metrics: how unique/how used
- lots of barriers to publication